Important news about the festival and COVID-19
The recent State of North Carolina’s Phase II extension to July 17 restricts participation in large-scale public events, such as our festival. We are also concerned about the time and resources it takes to properly organize a first-class event. And of course, many of our participants will have more pressing decisions and arrangements to make in the weeks leading up to mid-October. It is for all these reasons that our planning team and our co-organizers have decided to cancel the October 17 festival. The date for the 2021 festival will be on Saturday, May 15, the weekend after Mother’s Day. We are grateful to your continual encouragement, support, and participation in this signature May cultural event. We sincerely hope this brief pause will not lessen your enthusiasm as we welcome you back in 2021. Until then, our best wishes to you for being healthy, happy, and safe!